What are cookies?
Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or smart phone by a website or app.
Cookies can, for example:
• remember that you visited a website
• remember your preferences
• collect usage information
For the purpose of this Cookies Notice, the term “cookies” also includes other forms of technology which serve a similar purpose to cookies and which allow us to monitor and improve our sites/apps. For example, we use “web beacons” on our website/apps. Web beacons are electronic images that are used to deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage of the site, and to tell if an e-mail has been opened and acted upon.
Cookies enable us to:
• provide content which is most likely to be of interest to you (for example, we recognise you as a returning visitor and can tailor your experience according to your preferences including your preferred Touchstones Dealer);
• monitor and improve the functionality and usageof the site/app and your site experience (for example, we collect session and event based data to see which areas and features are popular); and
• provide advertising of relevance to you both from Touchstones and our advertising partners, in accordance with applicable laws.
Categories of cookies used by Touchstones
The cookies used on Touchstones Online Content may be categorised as follows:
1. “Strictly necessary” cookies: these are cookies that are essential for the operation of our Touchstones Online Content. They enable users to move around the Touchstones Online Content and to use their features. For example, if you complete an online form covering several pages, these cookies allow us to know which page to serve next.
2. “Functionality” cookies: these allow the Touchstones Online Content to remember choices you make and your preferences, for example such as your preferred Touchstones dealership or detecting if a service has already been offered to you (such as surveys) or storing more complex decisions such as the specific product or service you are interested in.
3. “Performance/Analytical” cookies: these collect information about how visitors navigate and use our Touchstones Online Content. For example, which pages users access most frequently and, in the case of apps, the average connection time within the app and connection success and failure ratings. They identify how users interact with the Touchstones Online Content, any errors that occur, which pages are not used often, which pages take a long time to load, which pages users tend to visit and in what order.
4. “Targeting or advertising”: these cookies can be used to deliver adverts relevant to an identified machine or other device (not a named or otherwise identifiable person) which are tailored to interests associated with the website activity tied to that machine or device. For example, if a cookie on a third party website recognises that a particular product was purchased from a particular device, that cookie may “talk to” marketing cookies on the website to ensure advertisements about similar products displayed on the website are accessed from that device.
These cookies can also be used to limit the number of times a visitor sees an advertisement as well as to help measure the effectiveness of an advertising campaign. They may also remember that the website has been visited from a device and are that information with marketing organisations,
The marketing cookies on our site are operated by third parties with our permission. Marketing cookies are used to monitor from which advertising source a user was directed towards our site so that we know whether it is worth us investing in that particular advertising source.
5. "Social Media Cookies": These cookies are used when you share information using a social media sharing or like button on our Sites, and when you link your account or engage with our content through a social media site. The social media network keeps a record of the fact you have done this. This information can then be linked to targeting/advertising activities.
Cookies used by Touchstones
A summary of first party cookies which we use on our Touchstones Online Content are set out in the table below.
This enables us to remember who you are across each of the pages you visit within Touchstones Online Content and, where appropriate, what information you may have entered on a previous page
This enables us to set and remember your language preference when you visit the Touchstones Online Content
This enables us to encrypt any apps which have been downloaded to a USB memory stick (or similar memory device) in order to be transferred to your Touchstones vehicle
Terms & Conditions Cookie
This enables us to track when you’ve been informed about new version of Terms & Conditions on the Touchstones Online Content
This enables us to track when you’ve been informed about new version of Privacy Notice on the Touchstones Online Content
This enables us to track when you have used the Touchstones Online Content , whether the connection is successful and for how long the connection is live
We also use third party cookies to gain audience and user insight and provide more relevant advertising. Please click on the link below for more information on these companies.
THIRD PARTY COOKIES
If you would like more information including how to opt out of third party cookies please click on the link below.
Your Choices and Rights
You can usually set your browser or app settings to warn you when a cookie is being sent or to remove or reject cookies. Each browser is different, so look at your browser ‘Help’ menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookie settings. If you choose to remove or reject cookies, it may affect features or services on our Website. To find out more about cookies, visit: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/.
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics on the Website visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
To opt out of cookies relating to targeted advertising, you can visit www.youronlinechoices.eu. However, this will not opt you out of receiving adverts altogether – opting out simply means the adverts will not be targeted to you. Please note that there are many more advertising networks listed on this site than we use our site.
If you agree to cookies from our site and then you later wish to delete the cookies we have set on your device, please refer to your browser ‘Help’ menu for instructions on how to do this.
Changes to this Cookies Notice
We may change this Notice from time to time by updating this page in order to reflect changes in the law and/or our privacy practices. We will update the date at the top of the Notice accordingly.
Where required to do so by applicable law, we will provide notice of any changes. However, we encourage you to check this Policy for changes when you revisit the Website.
An independent manufacturer of trend-setting ceramic tiles that sets the standards of quality and service in the tile industry through the development of its own exclusive tile collections.
T +32 2 481 61 10